Sunday, June 2, 2013

Getting Closer

We have been very busy at the house, so I have not had much time to update the blog.  I will go over some of the highlights, because there is too much to show in one blog.

For starters, the entire house is plastered and trimmed out, ready to paint. We also installed all of the tile in the house. Here is the tile that we used in the entrance area (hallway, pantry, mud room).  We also used the same for the laundry room and the first floor bathroom.


We also tiled the master bathroom:

and the kid's bathroom in the hallway of the second floor:

I also finished the fireplaces in the main room and the office. I bricked the main, wood burning fireplace and the office fireplace with the bricks from around the house (i.e. bricks from the old fireplace, walkway, etc.).
Before

After 

Here is a picture of the office stove:

     We also had all of the wood floors sanded and refinished on the first floor.  The second was sanded, but I have to polyurethane the second floor by hand, because there is no real ceiling between the second and third floor, there is only the finished flooring and the barn board subfloor.  I was afraid that if the floor guys put a thick layer of poly on the floors upstairs, that it would drip through and ruin the exposed beams and ceiling on the first floor. So, I have to go back and do the second floor myself, that way I can do multiple, thin layers that won't drip through.  Here are some pictures of the first floor.

Before

After


The next couple of steps are all finished work steps like built-in cabinets, and paint.  The kitchen cabinets get delivered next week.  We are finally seeing the light at the end of a very long tunnel.

No comments:

Post a Comment